Join us for another fabulous Bainbridge Island ReFashion Show!
The fun starts on the trails at 1:00 PM. During your rambles on the trails, you will encounter local models of all ages and talented designers presenting creative garb that spans functional to funky. As a bonus, all of IslandWood’s trail systems will be open at this time for your self-guided exploration.
Intrepid walkers can meet the designers and models in a natural habitat along the IslandWood trails and through different ecosystems such as forest, glade, ravine, marsh and even a freshwater pond. For a more traditional runway, come at 3:15 to see our models walking on the stage in the Great Hall and hear our judges award prizes. You can have your Fashion TWO WAYS, – just simply add on to your “Trails & Trashion” ticket with the “Runway Show” ticket!
- 1:00 PM Doors open and Check In Begins in our Welcome Center
- 1:00 – 3:00 PM Trails Open and Models in select locations as you walk the trails
- 3:00 PM Models exit the trails in preparation for Runway Show in Great Hall (Guests may continue to walk the trails, visit the treehouses, play field games in our meadows during this time)
- 3:15 – 4:00 PM *Runway Show in Great Hall (snag your tix early!) (Guests may continue to walk the trails, visit the treehouses, play field games in our meadows during this time)
Entry to the *Runway Show will be a separate list of registrants at the door to our Great Hall, and seating is limited in our Great Hall. Snag your ticket early if you wish to secure a seat for this add-on event.
We hope you join us to get inspired for how to re-use old clothing and make new outfits from old clothing or reclaimed materials. Tablecloths are transformed into evening gowns, kitchen curtains become ruffles, and beaded vests are adorned with discarded corks… our “runway” is one of a kind!
This year our show will be double the fun with outdoor and indoor options for viewers. This year’s categories include:
- Mystery Box (we gave them a box of pre-loved textiles, they made something fabulous!)
- Upcycled Ready-to-Wear
- …and a new category… Connections!
Other optional activities:
- Audience Award voting on the trails
- A bag and purse swap – Bring one fully functional bag or purse in good condition and take a new-to-you one home!
- A sneaker donation fundraiser – only athletic footwear, any condition, with laces tied together; no dress shoes, heels, rain boots, sandals, slip-ons, water socks, wedges, and work boots of any kind.
Both treehouses will be open for your visit, too! We’ll have maps for you so you can find your way around and will be happy to suggest a route that is suitable for your family and abilities. You can visit with the models, ask questions, or just enjoy the campus at your leisure.
If you’ve come before to explore our trails, we welcome you back again. There is always something new to see in our woods in every season!
- All ages welcome!
- Bring a picnic if you like, pack it in – pack it out. Leave No Trace principles apply.
- Please no dogs unless they are a service animal, thank you.
- Some of our trails accommodate strollers and wheelchairs, for more information please ask our Greeters for the best routes to accommodate your party size and abilities upon arrival.
- Your health and safety, as well as that of our staff, is our first priority. Wearing a mask is optional.
Our show is generously sponsored by Bainbridge Disposal, HeyDay Fund, Jenn Herrmann Real Estate, Bay Hay and Feed, McCabe by Design, 2atara Design + Construction, and Ecological Market.
THANK YOU, sponsors!