Welcome to IslandWood’s online application for the EEC Graduate Program, in partnership with the University of Washington's Masters in Education degree program. We are excited that you are considering joining the IslandWood EEC community to learn, and practice, how to be the best educator you can be!
Before getting started, please note that there are TWO parts to IslandWood’s online application:
Part 1: Complete and submit IslandWood’s online application form in one sitting. You will be able to visit previous pages to review the application form before submitting it.
Please be prepared to upload the following documents in MS Word or PDF format:
a) Resume (address any pertinent experience, including professional and personal experience, that is relevant to this position)
b) Copy of UW Statement of Purpose (2 pages, double-spaced) as required for the University of Washington's M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction application.
- The goal statement should address your goals, relevant experience, future plans, and why the University of Washington M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction-IslandWood option meets your needs. Be sure to include personal experiences that have prepared you for the challenge of graduate school (a character-defining moment, a personal challenge faced, a hardship overcome or the cultural awareness you've developed).
c) Dispositions & Growth 'Statement' Building off of the UW Goal Statement, provide a second submission emphasizing or expanding on one of four dispositions IslandWood's EEC graduate program seeks, and develops, in our graduate students. This is an opportunity to express how you shine with one of these dispositions, or how you would hope to grow in one of these categories, through your ten months at IslandWood.
- These four dispositions are as follows:
- Demonstrates a commitment to equality, equity, and inclusion.
- Embraces adventure in learning and in the teaching field.
- Demonstrates stamina, resilience, and perseverance.
- Collaborates to advance and improve practice.
- We appreciate and value the diversity with which people express themselves and therefore invite you to choose an alternative format for this submission. You can use a visual representation (ex. an original comic, painting, drawing, etc. with a descriptive caption), record a story or song, make a video (two minutes or less), write an essay (2 pages, double-spaced), etc. You can also provide a link to a personal website, if that is the best way to share this; just be sure we understand how the link you provide expresses the disposition you choose to share with us.
d) OPTIONAL: Submit a copy of UW Personal History statement (2 pages max) which is optional but recommended by the UW.
e) ONE unofficial copy of transcript(s) from each institution in which you have earned a degree and from each institution that you have attended in the last five years.
Once the application form has been submitted, you will NOT be able to access the application again. You will receive an email notification confirming that the online portion of your application has been received. The confirmation email will include information on Parts 2 & 3 to help you complete the rest of your application for IslandWood’s EEC program.
Part 2: Submit TWO professional and/or academic letters of reference Reference letters should address specifically what they know to be your strengths, ambitions, and areas for growth, as a student and/or as a professional. This link is also provided at the end of the online application form and in the confirmation email.
by sharing this electronic link
with your references to upload their letters (in PDF or MS Word format).
Part 3: IslandWood Scholarship Application (if applicable)
Next Steps: Phone Interview. Once all or most of your application materials have been received, the Graduate Program Coordinator will contact you to set up a 45-minute to one-hour phone interview with someone from the Admissions Review Committee. Questions will be provided in advance.
Admissions decisions are typically made within two weeks after the phone interview, assuming all application materials have been received. Applicants will be notified of their admission status via email.
The IslandWood EEC Program has a rolling admissions process. Applications will be accepted until all 32 positions have been filled. ALL application materials, including the online application form with attachments, must be postmarked by 11:59pm PST on the stated priority deadline in order to be eligible for the respective tuition discount if accepted and enrolled in IslandWood’s EEC Program.
Questions? Concerns? Interested in a campus visit? Please contact the Graduate Program Coordinator at email@example.com
equal opportunities to all employees for employment and applicants for
admission, and welcomes applications from qualified individuals without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information,
marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with
applicable federal, state, and local laws. We
encourage diverse applicants because we believe having staff and graduate
students that authentically reflect the community we serve is critical to our
ability to be culturally responsive.
Click "Next Page" below to proceed to the online application form.