The IslandWood Artist-in-Residence program brings teaching artists of various disciplines, media, cultures, experience, and age to work with our SOP students. Visiting professional artists bring individual and collaborative art projects which enable children to express themselves creatively in a way that fosters an appreciation for the world around them.
Residency program details:
• Length of stay is typically 3 days/2 nights, Monday through Wednesday from October to May.
• Workshops with our 4th-6th grade students range from 75 to 150 minutes on Tuesday & Wednesday.
• Group size is approximately 10 to 12 students.
• Artists also have the opportunity to offer a professional development workshop for our graduate students and staff on Monday afternoon.
• Teaching facilities include our art studio, learning classrooms, or outdoors.
• IslandWood provides lodging and meals on-site for the duration of the program, plus an honorarium, round-trip ferry ticket if applicable, and reimbursement for materials.
To apply for a residency: