IslandWood is proud to host FrogWatch USA for this unique, FREE opportunity.
Join the experts from the Association of Zoos and Aquariums FrogWatch USA program to learn how you can volunteer to take part in a nation-wide citizen research project to help protect and conserve our local amphibian populations. You are invited to attend this workshop to learn more about how to get involved. It is available at NO COST to you through the support of a National Science Foundation grant.
We'll begin with a delicious and healthful lunch at 12pm. At 1pm we'll begin the workshop which will be a mix of indoor and outdoor activities. Coffee, tea and water will be available all throughout the workshop. This workshop is suited for adults or older teens with an interest in amphibians, science and research.
As a participant, you'll:
- Explore the benefits of citizen science and Public Participation in Scientific Research
- Learn the ins-and-outs of FrogWatch USA data collection
- See how to enter, explore, and interpret data in the online FrogWatch USA database
- Get to know local frog and toad species and how to identify them by sight and sound
- Receive training on wetland ecology specific to our regional area<
- Connect and network with other wildlife enthusiasts in our area
The workshop will go from 1pm-5pm.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to learn, dine and discover with us. See you there!
Made possible by: