What’s all that racket? Why, the sweet sounds of amorous amphibians have begun! Participants will learn about native frogs, their calls and habits in an engaging indoor presentation and then head outdoors at dusk to hunt for breeding frogs, toads, salamanders, newts and their eggs in our frog-filled wetland. This event is always a sell-out, so hop to it!
This event is great for ages six years and up! Adults without children are encouraged to attend too. We will break up into small groups after the presentation for our night hike.
- Indoor presentation is 30-40 mins seated and geared for ages 6+
- Wear layers to stay warm on a cool spring evening
- Wear shoes appropriate for a light hike.
- Bring your raingear (boots, jacket, hat). The frogs love the rain, but we want to stay dry and comfortable.
- Bring a headlamp or flashlight, we only have a few to loan.
- As always, we love dogs, but please leave yours at home unless they are a service animal.