Bainbridge Island loves it some good Halloween fun. At IslandWood we want that fun to be for all ages, learning as we go!
Bring your own pumpkin or purchase one of ours, which you can pick up from our Sweet Pickins Pumpkin Patch located in Creaky Tree Meadow when you arrive! Create your own pumpkin critters with the help of IslandWood’s imaginative kitchen staff and friendly docents! Get creative, get messy, and, most of all, get in the spirit!
We’ll have activities and fun from years past plus a new spin on old favorites!
New or returning this year:
- Sweet Pickins Pumpkin Patch – walk along a creaky wooded trail to discover your perfect pumpkin to carve! A popular option!
- Dr. McDiggins Boneyard – the doctor is in, and he would love to help you unearth some bones. You’ll find Dr. McDiggins near Creaky Tree Meadow and the Sweet Pickins Pumpkin Patch. Get your wiggles out, grab a shovel and discover the haunting truth about deer anatomy.
- Giants in the Forest – Our campus has deep roots…in more ways than one. Hike our trails and you may discover these tree giants have a story to tell…for those who will listen.
- Going Batty! A presentation by our local bat scientist.
- Hear some not-so-spooky stories and sing songs with a friendly witch.
- Costumes encouraged!
We work to ensure that all reasonable accommodations are in place so that everyone can fully participate and learn during their time on our campus. All indoor spaces and many of our outdoor spaces and field structures were built and are continually maintained to meet ADA code, adhering to WAC 51-50. If you have any questions, please contact us at 206.855.4300.
If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact our Community Programs team at [email protected] or 206.855.4384.